Thursday, September 20, 2012

Second Letter To My Little One

The next letter I wrote to my little one for my pregnancy journal was intended to tell more about the Daddy to be!



9/20/12
My Baby,

"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." ~ Rajneesh

Life can change in an instant. Realizing that you are about to become a parent is one of those life changing moments. Today I am not only thinking about how I am about to become a mother, but how my husband is about to become a father. I want to tell you that your father will be a wonderful daddy for so many reasons and I wanted to take the time to share the best qualities of your father with you:

1.   He is a Christian- God is important to your father and he will teach you to make Christianity a part of your own life. We pray that God bless us with a healthy child, one that seeks refuge in the Lord as well.

2.    He is a kid at heart- I envision that he will be right next to you playing with your toys, whatever they may be, from dolls to action figures to making forts to camping to pretend play. I also suspect that he will scheme with you and enjoy getting into trouble with you.

3.    He is funny- Your father is always good for a laugh. I think as you are younger you will think he is the funniest guy you know, and as a teenager you won’t find him as hilarious!

4.   He is a role model- He works harder than anyone I know to provide for his family. He is honest and compassionate. He will teach you to have high morals and integrity. He enjoys the little things in life. Watch your father; he has so much to teach you about life.

5.    He will protect you- Although we have not met you yet, I know that your father would do anything for you. Throughout your life, you will turn to him for different needs and you will know that he will always be there for you. His love is unconditional. This may come to your advantage as you find that you want things that Mommy says “no” to!

You see, my child, you will have a wonderful man in your life! I think you will find that he has even more amazing qualities than I have listed, ones that maybe I am not even aware of yet.
Love You Always,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts