Friday, September 7, 2012

First Letter To My Little One


It is amazing how two minutes can change your life! When we learned we were PREGNANT, after being married for 4 years and trying to conceive for a good portion of that time, we couldn't have been more ecstatic! We decided to document our pregnancy and create a journal for our little one to have later in life. Not wanting to leave out our emotional journey, we also decided to write letters to our baby expressing to him/her how we felt at each point.

I wanted to share with you our first letter to our child, written THE DAY we found out were were expecting:


9/7/12

Our Precious Little One,

I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.
~ 1 Samuel 1:27

One of the greatest lessons in life that you will learn my child is that life does not always go in the direction you expected it to go but in the end, it went in the exact direction it should have gone! Your father and I have been waiting for you for a very long time and we have just found out that you exist. 

Although we have prayed for you for a long time, God had a different plan in mind for us. He took us on a journey of patience and when he was ready, he blessed us with you. In the end, the timing was more perfect than we could have ever imagined.

We are exactly 2 weeks pregnant! We want you to know how this experience has been for both of us as we have found out. So, here it is:

Mommy finding out: I decided to take a pregnancy test in the off chance that this time we would be pregnant. I just had a feeling. Your father was at work. When the test results read Positive, I was shocked. I did a double-take. I then prayed to God, thanking him for our blessing. I told our dogs, Maggie and Wes, and we devised a plan to tell your father.

Daddy finding out:  When I came home I was met by mommy and the dogs in the driveway, mommy had a camcorder and was acting a little different than normal.  She told me Wes had something to tell me where I saw he had a note in his collar.  When I read the note I was blown away, we had been praying for this for so long.  It didn’t seem real; I just wanted to yell it from the roof top to make it seem more real.

Telling your father the news of you was one of the greatest moments in my life. I hope you will always know and never question how loved you are by the two of us.
Love You Always,
Mommy and Daddy


Join us on our journey as we learn about pregnancy and bringing a child into this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts