Friday, November 2, 2012

Fifth Letter to My Little One




This next letter was composed as I ended the first trimester of pregnancy. I did not take a picture that week, but did get one a few weeks later (see above)! Our friends and family all know now that we were pregnant (see that here). It was so much fun to share the news with everyone!

 
11/2/12
My Little One,
I Am Not Alone
~author unknown
Running errands and talking on the phone,
I am pleasantly reminded that I am not alone.
Little tiny hands a precious rounded knee
pushing and twisting that no one can see.
Oh sweet child kicking up your heels,
it is our little secret that only I can feel.
I look forward to your birth,
when I can kiss your skin,
but for now I will just smile,
As I feel you play within.

Oh little one, I cannot feel you yet but you are already intertwined into all moments of my life. I find myself constantly thinking about you, what life will look like for you, and how much our lives are already changing. Everyone asks about you and is already excited to meet you. We have been overcome with joy by the love and support your family and friends have already provided for you.

I am now 13 weeks pregnant and am beginning to get a “bump” as you continue to grow so quickly. The first trimester came and went so quickly and was full of amazing moments: finding out we were going to have you, telling our family, telling our friends, telling everyone, and hearing your little heartbeat. There were also harder moments for me as I deal with pregnancy: nausea, not able to keep food down in the mornings, trouble sleeping, food cravings, and body changes. Your father and I have already started talking about names for you. We picked up a couple of baby name books so that we can start exploring possibilities. 
Love You Always,
Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts