Thursday, February 13, 2014

Keeping the Marriage Alive: Remembering the Why

It is amazing how fast time goes by when you are having fun. Right?!?! This month marks 5 years of marriage for my husband and me. To think how different life would have turned out if I didn't go on a Valentine's double-date with him 11 years ago!

When it comes to relationships, you will need to occasionally remember what brought the two of you together. This can be especially important during rockier relationship moments. I thought, with my own anniversary this month, I would share some of my history with the hubs!

We started dating in high school. I can honestly say, I don't think anyone gave much thought to us making it past the first year. He was a senior and would be leaving for college at the end of summer.

Somehow, we weathered the storm of a 3 year long distance relationship. Doesn't long distance suck? I think if you can survive that, you can weather any storms! To top it off, we were both so young during our long distance relationship stint that we had lots of unnecessary drama (as in issues that wouldn't have been issues today). Oh yes, there was blood, sweat, and tears, oh and regular break ups! No arguing this point, we were the Ross and Rachel of Friends! 

When I left for high school I ended up in the same town as my hubby, but we were broken up at the time. There was always something that pulled us back towards each other though! Within a few months, we were back together and our on again, off again status seemed to dissipate. We were officially ON. 

We got married.

We vacationed. Oh, how we vacationed!


We bought a house. Sold that house. And bought another.




We got 2 dogs together.


He taught me about construction. 

I taught him to dance. Er, kind of?!?!

My favorite part of this story, you ask? He (along with God's blessing), provided me with the greatest gift of all. Our child. 


WHY did I choose him? For more reasons than I could ever sum up. Most of all, he brings so much happiness to my life. I mean, didn't you see all those pictures? These are only a few of the highlights from our time together!

I couldn't have asked for a better partner in crime! He has been my support all these years, motivates me, loves me, and keeps me laughing.Cheers to remember good times!

What is your love story?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts